Young Living has over 20 years experience in business and presently has 11 farms and distilleries. Young Living has the world’s largest herb farms for the production of essential oils.
No other essential oil or network marketing company does what Young Living Essential Oils does to produce the highest quality essential oils, growing from seed, harvesting, distilling, producing, formulating, packaging, and marketing pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils.
Did You Know?
- Young Living has 11 farms and distilleries for producing therapeutic essential oils. – Farms on land that has never been polluted with herbicides, pesticides, and chemicals.
- Young Living is building another distillery this year at Highland Farm in Idaho. This will be #10 in the world!
- Young Living is owned by Gary Young who is a well known an essential oil expert who is a trained Nose who can analyze oils by their smell. (There are less than 200 people in the world with noses sufficiently trained to discern the chemistry of a fragrance.) Gary has invested 33 years in the research and development of essential oils
- Gary has been told by French essential oil experts that YL has the finest Lavender in the world!
- Young Living fields are not touched with anything chemical. Much more expensive but the only real way to have organic essential oils!
- “All fields are sprayed with natural herbicides. I want to keep our oils ORGANIC!” -Gary Young
- Weed control is maintained by hoeing and hand pulling. No chemical weed killers are ever used.
- Young Living field workers are not allowed to go in the field if they are angry or use foul language.
- Every Young Living farm has an organic composting yard. Plant matter from the distillation go in, no waste! 5 million tons of compost used annually on YL fields!
- Gary Young injects microbes & enzymes into soil, also liquid from worm castings for fertilizer
- Aromatic plants need a ph balance of 7-7.8! Who knew?! Gary Young did!
- Extensive laboratory testing and independent audits are conducted to ensure Young Living’s quality exceeds industry standards. Those with even the slightest hint of possible impurity are rejected.
- Young Living works with 7 independent labs around the world to determine the properties and purity of Young Living essential oils.
Young Living Farms Around The World:
Whispering Springs Farm Utah, U.S. – The largest herb farm and distillery in the world, our Whispering Springs farm in Mona, Utah, features nearly 1,400 acres of fragrant herbs and is open to visitors year round.
St. Maries Farm Idaho, U.S. – Pure soil and a pristine natural setting surrounded by evergreen forest make St. Maries an ideal location for cultivating and harvesting lavender, melissa, and tansy. Open to distributors for the summer lavender harvest and the winter balsam harvest. Open to the public for distillery tours.
Highland Flats Tree Farm Idaho, U.S. – Growing acres of balsam fir, blue spruce, pine, Western red cedar, and other species renowned for their beneficial properties, our Highland Flats farm is nestled in the rural hamlet of Naples, Idaho. Open to distributors for the winter harvest and the spring reforestation project. This farm is home of the world’s first fully automated, state-of-the-art distillery.
Finca Botanica Aromatica Guayaquil, Ecuador – Growing Eucalyptus Blue, Dorado Azul, Lemongrass, Rosa Morta, Oregano, Ylang Ylang, Basil, and many more, Finca Botanica Aromatica boasts 2,000 acres of fertile ground and a state-of-the-art distillery. Open to the public for the Annual Amazon Adventure, which features jungle hikes, essential oils training, farm and distillery tours, and more.
Simiane-la-Rotonde Farm Simiane, France – Located in rolling hills of Provence amid fragrant fields of herbs, our Simiane-la-Rotonde Farm produces lavender, lavandin, rosemary, and clary sage.
Salalah Farm Salalah, Oman – Solely devoted to cultivating the Boswellia sacra tree, the Salalah Farm distills precious Frankincense oil, known for its uplifting spiritual properties. Young Living is the first and only company in the world to obtain permission to export this revered oil to the Western world.
Iquitos, Peru – Young Living’s new 3,400-acre farm, Iquitos, sits at the edge of the Amazon River and is in the heart of Peru’s largest virgin rainforest. This sustainability-focused farm is the focus of botanical research and reforestation efforts and will be the source for responsibly harvested rosewood.
Almog, Israel – In partnership with a local grower, Young Living has established a farm and distillery in Almog, Israel. This property, located near the Dead Sea, is the site of pioneering botanical research and the source of the 2013 convention-exclusive Micromeria essential oil.
Taitung, Taiwan – Following two research trips to Taiwan, Gary began an agricultural partnership in 2012 with local doctor Ginn S. Lee to produce Hong Kuai and Xiang Mao essential oils on a scenic property in the Taitung region. These two essential oils are some of the rarest in the world and are deeply significant to Taiwanese citizens.
Fort Nelson, BC Canada – Northern Lights farm will distill black spruce, ledum, yarrow, and other botanicals. As part of our commitment to sustainability, this scenic farm will also be the site of continuous reforestation of the trees we harvest, including the black spruce trees which are crucial for popular oil blends like Valor.
Kona Hawaii – Growing Hawaiian Sandalwood trees. Sandalwood is rare and prized around the world.
Partner Farms – Besides our own farms, Young Living partially owns many others around the world in partnership iwth independent growers. Our partners agree to adhere strictly to our Seed to Seal process and are carefully vetted tor compliance. Through our partner farms, Young Living is able to support local independent farming while maintaining our absolute commitment to quality.
The result of our passion is Young Living Therapeutic Grade, a promise that every essential oil we sell has the optimal amount of naturally beneficial constituents. Our strict cultivation process—illustrated by the Four Ps—guarantees that our products offer unsurpassed safety and efficacy.
Years of experience have taught us how to select the ideal botanicals for desired oil potency, plant under optimal conditions, use prime soil and natural methods to encourage growth, and know the precise time to harvest each crop.
Using a gentle, proprietary technique for steam-extracting the most potent essential oils, our distillation process ensures we meet our own, industry leading Therapeutic Grade distillation standards.
Inside our state-of-the-art testing facilities, every batch of essential oils is subjected to rigorous analysis. Those with even the slightest hint of possible impurity are rejected.
This unerring focus on quality ensures that the naturally occurring compounds contained in each of our products are of the highest and most consistent bioactive levels.
No matter what time of year you visit the Young Living farm, you will get an inside look at some phase of our planting and distilling operations. In the spring you will see the starts being planted and the fields being cultivated. In the summer and fall you will not only view vast organic fields of lavender, peppermint, clary sage, and other herbs, but you will also witness acres and acres of herbs being harvested by Young Living’s custom-engineering cultivation equipment and distilled in Young Living’s specially-designed stainless steel distilling chambers.
Young Living’s specially designed and built distillers are the only stainless steel, vertical steam distillers in North America. Young Living takes extraordinary pains to preserve all of the fragile chemical constituents the essential oils. Plants are steam distilled in small batches for extended periods using a special low pressure, low heat, vertical steam technology.
The cookers are constructed from costly stainless steel alloys to minimize the possibility of the essential oil being chemically altered by more reactive metals such as aluminum, steel or copper. The results are grade A masterpieces with unsurpassed therapeutic properties.