Essential oils have been in existence for ages as there are mentioned 1100 times directly or indirectly in scripture. Did you know some of the oldest cultures used Essential oils? It was only after World War II when essential oils were “rediscovered”. Astonishingly, the science on essential oil uses grows with every single year.
We must all do our research
I recommend the 12 questions that Nancy Brandt recommends asking yourself when selecting a medicinal grade essential company Click Here. If medicinal benefits is not important then a perfume grade oil may be just fine for you or at least I thought it was for me until I discovered all the harmful effects adulterated oils can have on a person’s body.
When I realized I wasn’t just looking for an essential oil to smell good but wanting the benefits of the essential oils and using them in my daily life for various reasons, I had to find a company I trust.
This girl, Sarah just made an amazing post on Facebook and to honor her request to share the post is exactly what I am going to do.
After her calling fifteen of the popular essential oil companies she ponders these questions as should we all:
- Why do some companies not know where their farms are?
- Why wouldn’t they give me a phone number?
- Why do some companies not have anything to do with how their plants are grown?
- Why was I given an answer of “no?”
- Why can’t I ingest something that I made from plants?
- Why do some oil companies make their oils in labs and not from plants?
- Why can I only visit a farm WITH a tour guide? Why can’t I go by myself?
- Why did every company claims to “set the standard” and have the “highest quality oils available,” but they had no part in farming the plants?
- Why don’t the employees know where or how the product is made?
- How can you sell something to someone knowing they are going to put it on themselves/their kids and not know anything about it?
Go directly to Sarah Kemmer Goff’s Post Click Below on post it will take you to her Facebook.
I am very thankful to Sarah for sharing!
As Sarah points out go to the farms ask questions – I certainly wanted to see for myself – when I was pondering 5 of the most popular essential oils available I didn’t want to mess around with my body being an experiment it was important to invest time and research to find a company to trust.
Here are some awesome trips my family and I have enjoyed at the Young Living Farm in Utah, I encourage you to visit the farms!