It is hot here in Arizona today but we didn’t let the heat stop us from heading to the Farmers Market. It’s amazing to see all the beautiful fresh fruits and vegetables and how different they look compared to your usual grocery produce. The smells, beauty and most of all the taste is so much fresher! Today I picked up fresh eggs, 100% grass feed beef, heirloom tomatoes, okra (which I just love!), jalapeno peppers, sugar snap peas, lots of greens, fresh rosemary and other herbs.
I see these beautiful eggplants and wanted to share some health benefits.
Eggplants have a cooling thermal nature – sweet flavor – most think it is a vegetable but it is actually a fruit. This fruit combines well with other foods like a non-starch vegetable. Eggplants are in the Nightshade Family.
- reduces swelling
- clears sstagnant blood by dissolving congealed blood and accumulations such as tumors resulting from stagnant blood
- specifically treats congealed blood affecting the uterus
- has hemostatic action (reduces bleeding)
- used for bleeding hemorrhoids, blood in urine, and bleeding in general
- rich source of bioflavnoids which renew arteries and prevent strokes and other hemorrhages
- treats dysentery, diarrhea accompanied by heat signs such as yellow tongue coating, canker sores – use charred eggplant powder – roast until charred or use eggplant tooth powder
- snake and scorpion bites apply a pack of raw eggplant
- frostbite us a compress of room-temperature eggplant tea
- Eggplant influences the liver and uterus and is particularly helpful for resolving repressed emotions and their harmful effects on these organs.
Caution: Eggplant should be eaten sparingly by pregnant women. In Japan, women are advised not to eag eggplant during pregnancy because it can cause miscarriage.
Garlic, Eggplant, Peppers, Squash, Eggs, Herbs and much more!
Buddy was guarding his Master’s Post for a few minutes. Cedar Mulligan with Alaskan Pride Seafood’s offers premium wild caught Alaskan seafood that is awesome.
I was able to coax my husband to carrying my bags today.
I thanked him with a fresh green juice!