Start your day with a great blood builder – beetroot juice (with celery)!
Beetroot juice is our next Anti Aging Super Juice! This juice detoxifies your blood and renews it with minerals as it stimulates the cells and function of your liver. As we age our liver can get a toxic build up and become sluggish. Beetroot juice can increase the activity of liver enzymes that protect you from free radicals. Beets were used by ancient Romans medicinally as an aphrodisiac.
Beetroot juice is well known as a blood purifier and blood builder that helps in building of red blood cells. Research shows that Beetroot Juice can boost stamina and assist in balancing hormones. In a recent article, by David Wolfe, he claims the Natural Approach to get your body to produce its own hormones includes adding beetroot juice. In this article, he explains how Betaine (beet-ane) in beets is a methylator. Methylators remove the bad estrogen out of the body. We need methyl groups in our diet to chelate bad estrogens. Excess estrogen is a liver toxicity so adding beetroot juice can help remove these toxins and detoxify the liver.
People who include many raw foods usually have a lot of methyl groups in their diet especially if they include fresh vegetable juices.
It’s recommended not to drink pure beet juice but instead add another vegetable or fruit with it.
Benefits of Beetroot Juice
- Beets and beet greens are high in vitamins and minerals – potassium, magnesium, fiber, phosphorus, iron, vitamins A, B, & C; beta-cyanine; folic acid. The vitamin B and iron are beneficial to new growth cells for replenishing iron in the body. It also provides important nutrients like phosphorus, zinc, potassium, manganese, copper, iron and selenium. It contains proteins in the form of a complete set of Amino Acids.
- Cleanses the body – a wonderful tonic for the liver as it cleanses and purifies the blood and can prevent various forms of cancer.
- Weight Loss – Because beetroot can be detoxifying to the liver, removing those toxins helps the liver function properly. Once it detoxifies it becomes capable of breaking down fats, helping weight loss and fatigue.
- For mental well-being – The betaine in beets is used in certain treatments for depression. Beets contain tryptophan which relaxes the mind and creates a sense of well-being.
- Used as a stomach acid tester – How to test – If you are eating a lot of beets or drinking beet juice and your pee turns pink – you have low stomach acid.
- Alkaline – Beetroot juice’s alkalinity is very important and efficient in fighting acidosis.
- High source of energy –It reduces oxygen uptake which can reduce fatigue and increase stamina because of the content of nitrate. Very few foods found in nature are as beneficial as beets in releasing sugar slowly into your system. The nitrate in beetroot juice increases nitric oxide levels in the body which allows muscles to use oxygen more efficiently.
- Raises good cholesterol levels and lowers bad cholesterol levels in the body.
- Gout can be greatly helped by the cleansing properties of beetroot juice.
- Rich in iron which can help purify the blood – helps cure anemia.
- Contains betacyanin which is beneficial in prevention of cancer, especially colon cancer.
- Nitrate found in beetroot juice also helps lower blood pressure for those suffering from high blood pressure.
- Regular consumption aids in prevention of skin inflammation, dry skin, acne, and dandruff. It reduces blemishes and helps skin and hair grow healthy.
- Contain high amounts of boron which is related to production of sex hormones.
Blood building Beetroot Juice
- 2 beetroots
- 3 stalks celery
- ½ lemon
Juice and enjoy! If you want a sweeter juice add carrots or apples.
Remember, the fresher the juice the more enzymes you consume.
Adding the celery gives a natural balance of sodium and potassium – it helps clear the lymphatic system by acting as a diuretic. Celery also helps eliminate excess body fluids and waste that can cause puffiness and weight gain.