This has been my absolute favorite raw salad. This recipe has so much flavor all your taste buds are met! The ingredients are simple so you can find most at your local health food store or maybe even your local supermarket. Remember celery is in the “Dirty Dozen” for loaded with pesticides so go “organic” for celery.
- 3 cups soaked raw sunflower seeds
- 4 stalks organic celery sliced thin
- 2 tblsp dulse flakes
- 1/4 cup dried dill
- 1/2 cup bunch scallions, diced small
Soak the raw sunflower seeds for 4 hours then drain and dry. Once sunflower seeds are dry, add all the salad ingredients with the sunflower seeds and toss to mix thoroughly in a bowl.
- 1 1/2 cups Young Coconut Water
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tblsp sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups raw macadamia nuts or cashews or pine nuts or combination of all (I love macadamia & pine nuts)
- 1/2 cup stone ground mustard (you can make your own raw mustard)
In a vita mix or high speed blender add all the dressing ingredients and blend till smooth. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to mix well – chill for a few hours – serve and Enjoy!