Wishing you a warm “Happy Thanksgiving!” Enjoy the simple things in life – family, friendships, smiles!
This is a great Holiday Cheesecake that you will love! It’s easy and healthier than most cheesecakes it’s not truly 100% raw since the pumpkin is cooked.
- 2 cups almonds
- 1/4 coconut oil
- 8 to 10 dates (to your sweetness)
Blend almonds until very small pieces add coconut oil and pitted dates – Blend until mixed well but not smooth.
Line pan with coconut oil and pour crust – smoothing out with a spoon. Place in freezer until filling is ready – approximately 30 minutes.
- 1 1/4 cup cooked pumpkin puree
- 1 cup cashews (soak for 1 hour)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (I used coconut water)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
Blend in high speed blender until completely smooth. Pour mixture over crust.
Optional: you can make a raw chocolate sauce drizzle over top and use a toothpick to stir around
Raw Chocolate or Carob Sauce (makes 1 cup)
- 1 cup cacao powder or carob
- 1/4 coconut oil, melted
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- sweetener ( dates or maple syrup or coconut sugar – sweeten to your taste)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Mix together in a bowl until smooth and liquid. Drizzle over cheesecake. Yum!